What will be the overall procedure for recruitment?
All the applications received will go through 2 steps of shortlisting:
- Screening applicants:
The shortlisted applications will now move through the interview process.
- Screening applications on the basis of minimum eligibility criteria/qualifications.
- Sorting resumes that have the specific skills that are required for the role.
- Video interviews would be done to shortlist candidates against the knowledge, skills and experience to assess whether the applicant might be a good fit for the internship.
What are the general incentives which will be provided to the interns?
- An opportunity to work with specialized teams of India’s one of the largest student run NGOs.
- A chance to participate in a real life project which will be used to make an impact at the ground level.
- An opportunity to attend the learning sessions by the esteemed professors, and experienced team of Gopali Youth Welfare Society.
- Networking opportunity with various stakeholders of Gopali Youth Welfare Society.
- You will get a chance to communicate with the Leadership Team of Gopali Youth Welfare Society, and get to know the internal workings of the organization.
- An opportunity to connect with esteemed professors, talented individuals, and discuss the real-world problems and their views on the same.
- An opportunity to connect with the esteemed alumni of IIT Kharagpur, from our donor base, through webinar sessions.
- Get recognised by Gopali Youth Welfare Society at its social media handles, which have a reach to around 20k individuals including esteemed alumni and professor base of IIT Kharagpur.
- Certification from India’s one of the Largest Student Run NGO, which will enhance your profile for higher studies opportunities and job profiles.
Apart from these individual secondary benefits an intern will get an unparalleled feeling of satisfaction of working for the society.
Is there some special incentive based upon the work of an intern?
Every project will go through a process of final evaluations. According to the evaluation scores, best interns from each of the domains will be recognized and will be provided with a token of appreciation and recognition from our side as best interns for the internship program 2020-21.
How will be the work assessed and who will do the assessment?
There will be two stages of evaluations of projects:
- A Mid-Evaluation would be conducted to share mid-level feedback with the interns in order to make them understand the pace of the project, and reiterating once on the final deliverables and feasibility to achieve it with the current speed.
- A final evaluation will assess how much work is done by the intern on the allocated project. We will evaluate these interns to identify best interns, for which we will have special incentives.
Interns would be judged upon their punctuality, quality of the work and dedication towards the project. The work would be assessed by the super mentors and project mentors.
Who will be the point of contact or guide for interns throughout the program?
The Project Mentors would be the first point of contact for Interns. They would be responsible for defining the Projects, resolving any queries or ambiguities which might be faced by the Intern.
What will be the duration of the internship?
The duration of the internship varies from project to project, the commencement date remaining the same though. It varies from a range of 4-8 weeks.
How much time is expected from an intern to devote to this internship? (daily/weekly)
An average duration of 5-6 hours of work is expected on a daily basis. This may vary on the basis of the project allotted and its requirement.
Are the interns supposed to work in a team or they will be working individually?
The projects in which more than a single intern is involved, the interns need to work in a team and report their individual progress and their collaborative progress to the respective project mentors.
Is there any prerequisite for work experience of a candidate?
This internship programme is specifically designed for students. Any student with a knack for helping others can apply. No prior work experience is required.